While Apple surprises with the newest offerings of iPad Air and iPad mini Google is also planning for its front runner Smartphone the Nexus 5. Overlapping dates for all these announcements underlines the intense battle for the supremacy in the Smartphone market
It is a time tested ploy to generate interest and excitement among the customers. Some details of Google’s new Nexus 5 Smartphone have been published in the web and then removed a few days ago “by mistake”. I think I must explain the comment “by mistake”. It was surely more intentional, simply because Google people wanted to end some rumors about the price and specifications.
Google hasn’t announced anything in particular officially about the Nexus 5, but for sure, it won’t be far off now. In the past few months we heard and read a lot of rumors about it. Here are the most commented features and information about the new Smartphone in the Nexus family.
- Price is one of the first must know aspects and also very important is the pattern of pricing. It will start with the price of $349 for the 16GB version and will come in two sizes, accordingly, the price of the 32GB version will probably be $399.
- Screen: It is expected that the Nexus 5 will have 5’’ full HD display, which is similar to G2: the favorite Smartphones among users
- Dimensions: 131.9 mm x 68.2 mm x 8.6mm
- RAM memory: 2GB Internal
- Storage: 16GB and 32GB
- Camera (rear): 8MP auto-focus camera with OIS and front camera 1.2 MP Camera (front): with 1.2MP Sensors: Other sensors: Barometer, accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope, proximity, orientation
- Battery: 2300mAh
- Power: 2.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 with 2GB RAM
- Wireless charging and NFC: The wireless charging (via the Qi standard) and the NFC (thanks to Android 4.4 KitKat) are the new top commented features, which the new Nexus 5 will most likely have. It is still not clear if the wireless charger will come together with the Nexus 5 as accessory or should be separately purchased.
- Operating system The newest Nexus Model will support Android 4.4 KitKat
- Camera : The camera always was the weak link of the Nexus devices. The new Nexus 5 plans to correct it, according to the comment made by Google on the Play Store, which says: “Capture the everyday and the epic in fresh new ways.” By all probability, it should be 8-megapixel auto-focus camera, which will offer support for optical image stabilization also by low light conditions and video recording.
Some other rumored specifications, related to the camera, which must be mentioned is the Lytro-like technology. The Nexus 5 will be the first Smartphone ever with this kind of technology. This means “MEMS stands for micro-electromechanical technology” offering more benefits, by using less power.
Assumptions continue – announcements are monitored closely. Amidst rumors and announcements we can only be patient for the new Smartphone surprise and enjoy its benefits.
Author: Marija Petreska